THE CHICAGO LIGHTHOUSE EXHIBITION GENERAL INFORMATION
1. The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
2. An entrant may enter up to all three categories. An entrant's four or fewer slides, prints or digital images will be distributed for scoring throughout four rounds of judging in whichever section they are entered. 34%-45% of the entries will be kept.
3. All possible care will be exercised in the handling and exhibition of entries but no responsibility is assumed for loss or damage.
4. North American entries will be returned by first class mail and all others by Small Packet Air. If requested, entries will be forwarded to another North American exhibition. Digital entries sent on disk will be returned upon request only. Non-returned digital entries will be destroyed.
5. An image may only be entered in one category. Each image must have a unique title. NEW FOR THE LIGHTHOUSE EXHIBITION, in accordance with paragraph 5i of PSA Exhibition standards: an image previously accepted in any Lighthouse Exhibition category may not be re-entered in any Lighthouse Exhibition section regardless of the media, format, or title.
6. Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright. Images may be acquired digitally, or scanned from film by the entrant or a third party to create a digital file. Adjustments and cleaning may be performed to make the digital file match the original film image. Images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise, by the maker and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated if the photographic content predominates.
7. All final work must be photographic film, digital file, photographic or digital print material, mounting excepted.
8. If an email address is given on the entry form, report cards will be emailed only, unless noted otherwise.
9. Catalogs will be sent by post and will also be available at http://www.chicagostereocameraclub.org/.
10. The public presentation of the slides and digital acceptances will be with music and narration. Entrants are asked, optionally, to briefly comment on their entries either on the entry form, on a separate sheet of paper, or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Stereo Slides condition of entry:
a. A maximum of four (4) slides of the entrant's own making may be submitted.
b. Each slide must be labeled with the title and the maker's name and address.
c. Slides shall be spotted in the lower left corner as viewed in a hand viewer.
d. Slide and entry form numbering should match.
e. Slide thickness must not exceed 1/8-inch.
f. Mounts shall be American standard 1 5/8 " X 4" and may be cardboard, glass or plastic. Chip sizes up to and including seven sprockets are eligible.
g. Judging will be by projection on a 70" silver lenticular screen using 750W lamps.
h. Awards will be chosen from accepted entries either by the "in-out" method or through discussion, as determined by the judges.
12. Stereo Prints condition of entry:
a. A maximum of four stereo prints may be submitted.
b. Each print may be either a stereo card, 7-inch wide, viewable in a Holmes-style viewer, or a red-cyan anaglyph print, 8.5x11 inch maximum size. The anaglyph print may be a phantogram. Please mark Phantograms either on the entry form or on the back of the print so the judges can view them at the proper angle
c. The entrant may submit any combination of four prints.
d. Stereo prints should show the title with maker's name and address on the back of the print. The makers name on the face of the print will be covered.
e. Print and entry form numbering should match.
f. Awards will be chosen from a simultaneous display of all accepted prints.
13. Electronic stereo Images conditions of entry:
a. A maximum of four electronic stereo files should be emailed as attachments to LH11@chicagostereocameraclub.org
b. Alternately, a disk containing the files along with the entry form may be mailed to the chairman as listed on the previous page.
c. Each file should be titled as Last Name_ First Name_Number_Title.jpg, such as Mitofsky_Elizabeth_3_Roses.jpg.
d. If emailing the files, please include the entry form information in the body of the email. The title may be abbreviated in the file's name.
e. Each file should contain the left and right images saved as a single stereo file, with the left image on the left and the right image on the right, with a resolution of 2048x768 pixels, with the file size not to exceed 1.5 Mb each.
f. Judging will be by projection. Files will be renamed during the judging process so as not to reveal the entrant's name.
g. Awards will be chosen by a method as determined by the judges.
CSCC digital equipment informaiton
Return to Lighthouse Main Page